Thursday, November 27, 2008

Venture to Iwagumi Scape

I started my 2ft office Iwagumi scape around end of October 2008. The plan was to use Hemianthus callitrichoides (HC) as foreground, Eleocharis parvula as midground (in between rocks) and Eleocharis vivipara as background. I planned to grow HC emmerse.

Advantage of growing emerse:
- Not need to worry about CO2
- Can out as much as light to speed up growth
- No need to worry about algae.

I’m curently using 2 x 55W PL light. The important thing is to keep it wet. I'm using cling wrap to cover the tank top and trap the moisture inside. Initially I do not use cling wrap and all HC dried up over the weekend.

It has been a month and Hemianthus callitrichoides (HC) have grown nicely, almost cover the whole foreground.

Initial setup:


After 1 month:

Next update would be after fill in the water, at the current growth rate, it wont be long...

No comments:

Post a Comment