Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Replace U. graminifolia with G. elatinoides

I decided to replace Utricularia graminifolia with Glossostigma elatinoides. Reason being, somehow I'm unable to grow healthy Utricularia graminifolia.

Few thing that I had try:


  1. Double the light from 36 Watt to 72 Watt. It doesn't seem to help.

  2. Increase the CO2 and NPK level doesn't seems to help as well. Though it does kill all my Malayan and Cherry shrimps in the tank

It doesn't look good, so decided to replace it with Glossostigma elatinoides.


So far so good, Glossostigma elatinoides is growing well. Some are grow tall and some creeping. I used stainless steal wire bend into inverted ‘U’ and use it to pin down the tall Glosso, it will force new steams grow to creep. Trick I pick up from other forumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment