Term and Condition cut and paste from the web site:
► 1. Anyone of any citizenship, nationality and a place of residence is invited to take part. The participation is free of charge. All the terms and conditions are equal to all the participants.
► 2. One participant can apply only one layout.
► 3. Fresh water plant aquariums of any size and volume are permitted to be used. All the registered works will be estimated by the jury in accordance with “JUDGING CRITERIA AND GUIDELINES”.
► 4. In case an open aquarium is used only its under-water part is to be assessed.
► 5. The usage of houseplants and marginal plants which can hardly survive in the water will cause points’ deduction.
► 6. To be eligible for the contest the aquarium should be photo-shooted from its front side so that it could be observed in whole. Images made at an angle and images of the separate parts of the aquarium in case of absence of the front-sided one will cause points’ deduction or even disqualification.
► 7. The images should be made only by digital cameras with 4.0 and higher megapixel resolution, by reflex cameras SLR. Please make images in high resolution mode. The images should be saved in JPEG or TIF and named without any Cyrillic or special symbols.
► 8. Insignificant general adjustment of an image by a graphic editor is admitted e.g. correcting of levels, curves, white balance, reasonable sharpening, etc., that does not change the original content of the image. The adjustment must be arranged only with a purpose to reflect maximum properly a view of the aquarium itself.
All the forms of editing and assembling that can change the placement, size, and number of separate composition’s elements are strictly prohibited.
In case there are any doubts on the usage of some photo-editor by the participant the Organizing Committee has a right to delay or stop participation even bringing the issue up for discussion by the Special Committee. The Committee’s composition, an order of the issue consideration on admission to the contest is the exclusive right of the Organizing Committee. A decision on disqualification is rendered taking into account an opinion of the Chairman of the jury. Such a decision can be taken out any time during the contest till the official announcement of the Contest’s results.
► 9. While sending your layout please note the following information must be mentioned
- Your full name (first name, surname, patronimic name if any)
- Your location (or your address), the country
- Contact telephone (with the country code and the code of your location if any)
- Information on the aquarium characteristics: dimensions (in sentimetres), volume, used plants, invertebrates and fish.
- Additional information on soil usage, lightening, CO2 system, filtration and etc. is much welcomed as well.
► 10. The layout (along with the information mentioned in point 9) can be applied to the Organizing Committee till August 31, 2012 by the following means:
- In electronic format bringing it directly to the office of NEOMARIN Company
- By filling in an electronic application form on the site and sending it by e-mail to the Organizing Committee. In return you will receive the Information Letter of the Organizing Committee with a notification about its acceptance and an e-mail about its registration.
In case of missing the deadline layouts will not be admitted to the Contest.
► 11. The layout which will receive the maximum quantity of points and will be marked as best by a separate judge will receive 15 additional points to the total sum.
Detail can be find here