Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2 Weeks After Flood The Tank

It has been more than 2 weeks since I flood the tank. What do you know, growing HC emerse does work. I did see some of the leaves are turning yellow and rot but most of them are not. In my previous 2 attempts, HC was totally melt within a week. This time I can see new leaves are forming.


What did I do differently? This time around I use 110W light over 2ft x 1ft x 1.2ft (~18 gallons) tank, way above 3W per gallon. Also I inject CO2 as much as I can. Drop checker shows yellow color. There is no fauna inside at the moment, so it should be ok. Previous attempt I'm using 18W light over 30cm x 18cm x 18cm (~2 gallons) tank. Since it is a small tank, I use Seachem Excell instead of CO2 injection.



This time around I try siesta, 4 hours ON + 2 hours OFF + 4 hours ON. I was reading from Dernele website, it suppose to help preventing algae but it doesn't. It does not work at all. Algae still growing, not sure what algae, it is fine strand and green in color. It is different than hair algae that I normally see, the strand is much finer. Either way nothing to be worry about, I use tooth brush and put Yamato shrimps, it clear over night. Someone on forum sugesting 4 hours OFF recently but too late, no more algae, Yamato did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment